Table of Contents Show
- Three methods to update WIFI drivers in Windows
- How do I find my WiFi version
- Tips for Updating WiFi Drivers Safely
If you are using an outdated WiFi driver, your network and computer may not be performing as well as they could. In some cases, this can lead to lower speeds and poorer performance overall. As drivers become increasingly outdated, it’s important to keep your system updated to ensure optimal performance.
It’s also important to be aware of which drivers are out of date and make sure you’re using the latest versions available.
There are few ways you can update your windows WIFI drivers, that’s through using device manager, manufacturer’s website and third-party software which we will cover in this article to show you how to update WiFi drivers in windows.
Three methods to update WIFI drivers in Windows
Updating your WiFi drivers is an important part of keeping your network running smoothly. In this article, we will show you three methods for updating your WiFi drivers in Windows that are much easier and faster.
Update your WiFi driver with Device Manager
Device Manager is a Windows program that can be used to manage PC devices. It can be used to find drivers for devices that are not found in the Control Panel, as well as to install, remove, upgrade, and configuration.
Device Manager can also be used to view the properties of devices and here’s how to update WiFi drivers with device manager.
Open Device manager from the start menu or type it in the search bar. Head to Network adapters and double click on it to expand the list of network adapters, then navigate to your wireless adapter. Right click your wireless network adapter, then click Update driver. Select, Search automatically for drivers and continue for the process to complete.
If any update is available, it will be installed automatically and remember to restart your computer after completion.
Download WiFi driver from device manufacturer website
If you need to install a WiFi driver for a device, the best place to look is the official manufacturer’s website. Many of these programs are available for download directly from the website.
In some cases, you may need to go through a specific installation process before the driver will work. However, most programs are easy to install and should be compatible with your device. To do so, follow these:
1. Go to the official website of your device manufacturer, then Search for the product model number of your wireless adapter, either laptop or desktop computer.
2. Head over to the download page or the support page of your drivers.
3. Next, download the software for your wireless adapter to your computer and it’s usually a zip file and be sure you download the version of Windows you are using.
4. Locate the downloaded file and open it, then follow on-screen instructions to install the software. Moreover, if it is a zip file, you have to extract and then run the .exe file to complete.
Note that some manufacturers may have a special process for installing their drivers which may differ from what we describe here, so follow their installation instructions that tell you how to install it on your computer.
Use a Third-Party Driver Update Software
Many people use third-party software utility to keep their drivers up-to-date. This can be a great way to avoid problems with your computer and improve its performance. However, there are several things to consider before using this type of computer program.
First, make sure that the software is legitimate and safe. Second, be sure to backup your computer before using it. Finally, be aware of the potential consequences of using third-party utility.
Use third-party Driver Updater will automatically install the drivers for any device connected to your computer, including wireless adapters, printers and mice, without having to go through the manual installation process. Most of these programs comes with either Free or Pro version. However, the free versions can do the basics.
How do I find my WiFi version
In order to find out your version, you can follow these steps:
1. From search bar, type Device Manager
2. Open the Device Manager.
3. Navigate to “Network adapters” and double-click to expand
4. You should see your adapter and its version.
Tips for Updating WiFi Drivers Safely
If you’re like most computer users, you probably rely on your WiFi network to stay connected to the internet. But like any other type of computer hardware, Outdated WiFi drivers may not work as well as they should and this can lead to poor performance.
Here are a few tips to safely do it:
1. Make sure you have the latest driver version available from your manufacturer or device’s website.
2. Install third-party utility. One of the good program that allows you to do this is called DriverDoc. You can download it from the DriverDoc website and then follow the onscreen instructions to install it.
3. Reboot your computer after you have installed the program and run a full system scan. This will look for outdated drivers on your computer and automatically upgrade them all at once.
4. Don’t forget to do a full scan after each installation!
How to know if you need WiFi Driver Updates?
If you’re having trouble connecting to the internet, or if your computer shows that it’s connected but you can’t access any websites, you might need to upgrade your WiFi driver. Here are some tips for finding out if you need to:
-First, make sure that your computer is connected to the internet. If it isn’t, try turning off and on your modem and then checking to see if you can connect. -If you are using a wireless router, make sure that the router is working well. -If you’re still having problems on above solution we discussed, try using the Windows Update. Here’s how to do it: Click on start menu > settings > Update and security > select windows update on the left-side > check if it is available, then click on install now.
Reasons to update WiFi drivers?
There are a number of reasons you might want to upgrade your WiFi drivers.
1. Updates can improve your computer’s performance and security and can also fix some common connectivity issues.
2. Checking for updates is easy: just go to the manufacturer’s website and look for an update.
3. Remember to back up your computer before updating drivers, just in case something goes wrong!
What is the latest WiFi version?
WiFi has been around for a few years now, and as technology evolves so does the versions. There are currently three different versions in use: 802.11ac, 802.11n, and 802.11g. Each of these versions has its own advantages and disadvantages, so it’s important to know which one is right for your needs.
In conclusion, updating your WiFi software is an easy process that can be completed in a few minutes. By following the steps outlined in this article on how to update WiFi drivers in windows, you can ensure that your computer is using the most up-to-date drivers and that your wireless connection is running as smoothly as possible.