Table of Contents Show
- Download with chrome on Windows and Mac
- Download a file on Android using chrome browser.
- Download a file on iPhone & iPad using chrome browser.
- Best Free Three Download Manager Extensions
- How to change chrome download location
- How to download with chrome FAQ’s
Google Chrome is a browser that is popular for many reasons. One of the reasons people like to use Chrome is because it offers fast downloads whether it is a file or an image.
Additionally, it integrates well with other Google products, such as Gmail and Google Drive. If you use these services, using Chrome will make your life a little bit easier. Lastly, it is a secure browser and has been built with privacy in mind.
This means that your information will be protected when you are using this browser. In this article, it will cover how to download with chrome using the inbuilt default browser feature and extension add-on.
Download with chrome on Windows and Mac
1. On your computer and open the Chrome browser.
2. Open the website or page where you looking to download the file.
3. Save the file:
– For images: Right-click on the image and choose Save Image As from the list.
– For videos or clips: Click on the video and click the Download icon . If it is unavailable, then the video is protected from downloads.
– For PDFs: Open the containing webpage and right-click on the file and select Save As and choose file location to save it.
– For Webpages: Click on the three vertical dots at the top right, then click More > More Tools > then choose Save Page As. Keyboard shortcuts are another way to quickly save webpages. Press Ctrl+S (Windows) or Command+S (Mac) to open the Save As dialog box.
Chrome will then begin downloading the file. You can view the progress by looking at the Downloads bar at the bottom of your browser window. When it is completed, you will see a notification telling you that the file has been saved to your computer.
Download a file on Android using chrome browser.
1. Open the Chrome app, on your Android phone or tablet,
2. Open the webpage where the file is located.
3. Press or touch and hold the file you want to save, then tap Download image or Download link and tap Download for on some video clip and audio files but if that option is not in the list, then it is protected.
4. The file will be saved in the downloads folder on your android device, and you can also open it from within Chrome by going to the menu or the three vertical dots then select “Downloads“.
Download a file on iPhone & iPad using chrome browser.
1. To do this, On your iPhone or iPad. Open Chrome and go to the website where the file is located.
2. Tap and hold on the file you want to download.
3. A menu will appear asking how you want to save the file.
4. Select “Save to Files” and then tap “Done“.
Best Free Three Download Manager Extensions
There are many great download managers out there, but for those looking for a free solution, here are three great extensions to consider.
DownThemAll is a great all-around manager that can handle large downloads without issue. It offers a great interface and plenty of features, including the ability to pause, resume and queue multiple downloads, and more. Get DownThemAll for Google Chrome (Free)
Jdownloader is specifically designed for downloading files from various hosting sites. It supports a wide range of hosts and comes with some handy features like automatic file extraction and virus checking. Get Jdownloader for Google Chrome (Free)
3. Free Download Manager
this is another good all-around option with plenty of features. It can resume interrupted downloads, queue multiple downloads, and more. It also includes a built-in browser for easy navigation of download links. Get Free Download Manager for Google Chrome (Free)
How to change chrome download location
You can change the download location for files that you save from the web. This can be helpful if you want to store your downloads in a specific folder on your computer, or if you need to free up space on your hard drive by moving it to a different location such as on external drive.
To change location, follow these steps:
1. Open Chrome and click on the three lines in the top left corner of the window.
2. Select “Settings” from the menu.
3. In the Settings window, scroll down and select “Advanced.”
4. In the Advanced settings, scroll down and select “Downloads.”
5. Under “Download Location,” select “Change.”
6. Select the folder where you want to save your downloads, then click “Save.
How to download with chrome FAQ’s
Why can’t I download files using Chrome?
There can be a few reasons why you may not be able to download files using Chrome. The first thing you should do is check to make sure that your browser is up to date and your internet connection has no issues. Chrome often updates with new features and bug fixes, so it’s possible that an update may have fixed the issue you’re experiencing. You can check for updates by clicking on the three lines in the top left corner of your browser and selecting “Settings”. Then select “About Chrome” to see the version you are using, if it is up to date.
How do I find Downloads in Google Chrome?
To find your downloads, open the browser and type “chrome://downloads” into the address bar. The page will open and show all the files that have been downloaded through Chrome.
Files that have been recently downloaded will be at the top of the list. To find a specific file, use the search bar at the top of the page.
Why can’t I open my Downloads?
There can be a variety of reasons why you can’t open your Downloads. The most common reason is that you do not have the correct program installed on your computer to open the file. For example, if you downloaded a PDF document, you would need Adobe Reader installed on your computer in order to open it.
Other reasons could be that the file has been corrupted or is password protected. If you are unable to open your Downloads, contact the creator of the file for more assistance.
How do I fix Chrome download failed?
First, make sure you’re using the latest version. To check, open Chrome and go to “Help > About Chrome.” If there’s an update available, then do so.
Next, try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. To do this, go to “Settings > Privacy and security > Clear browsing data.” Make sure to select “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files.” Finally, try restarting your computer. Sometimes all it takes is a fresh start to fix a problem. Cleaning your cookies can also help speed up your computer performance.
Can I Pause or cancel a download?
When you’re downloading something, sometimes you might want to pause or cancel it. This can be done in a few ways, depending on your browser and operating system.
If you’re using a Windows computer, you can usually pause or cancel it by right-clicking on the file and selecting “Pause” or “Cancel.” If you’re using a Mac, you can usually pause or cancel a download by Control-clicking on the file and selecting “Pause” or “Cancel.” For Chrome, the button is located in the bottom left corner of the window.
In conclusion, how to download with chrome is a quick and easy way to get the files you need. By following these simple steps, you can start downloading in no time. Be sure to check out our other helpful articles for more tips and tricks.