Table of Contents Show
Games on a PC can take up a lot of space, especially if you have a lot of them or have little disk space. If you want to free up some room on your computer, you might be wondering how to delete a game on PC.
There are a few different ways to do this, depending on how the game was installed. If the was installed through digital distribution services like Steam, it will be in your steamapps folder and if it’s through a CD or DVD, it will be in your install folder as well.
If you have not used Steam before or don’t know how to locate any of these, please i will guide you in this article for more information on how to find your steamapps folder and delete it from there and different ways.
Deletion Through Control Panel
You may be having trouble getting rid of a game that you no longer want or need, there is a way to delete it.
One of those steps, which might be the most important, is deleting it through the computer’s control panel. By doing this, you’re eliminating any chance that the game will continue to run in the background and take up resources.
This is the most common way to uninstall is through control panel, you can do so by following these steps:
1. Open the Start menu and search or type “Add or Remove Programs.”
2. Select “Add or Remove Programs” from the list of results.
3. Locate the game you want to delete and click “Uninstall.”
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
How to Delete a Game on PC Using Installation Launcher
Getting a game off of your PC doesn’t have to be difficult. In fact, most developers have an installation launcher that allows you to uninstall it quite easily.
Follow these simple steps:
1. Open the installation launcher. This is usually located in your “Games” folder.
2. Click the “Delete Game” button.
3. Select “Yes” when the prompt appears and follow the instructions to complete uninstallation.
4. It will be deleted from your PC.
How to Delete Games on PC: Manually by Folder
Deleting a game manually by folder on PC can be a daunting task, but it can be done with a little bit of effort. By following these simple steps, you can safely remove it from your PC without worrying about losing any data or files.
To do manually by folder, follow the steps below:
1. First, you need to find or locate the game’s file path and then open the containing folder.
2. Next, delete the folder and any files from it. But make sure it is not running at the same time, close any related running applications that might cause issues.
3. Next, restart your computer. After restart, check the folder to see if the files are completely deleted.
Deletion From Digital Distribution Service
Digital distribution services allow gamers to buy games from a variety of online retailers. These services include Steam, Origin, GOG, GamersGate, Xbox Live Gold, PlayStation Network, Epic Games Store, Nintendo eShop and others. This platform allows users to remove or uninstall games they don’t want anymore. Here are some popular digital distribution websites along with their local uninstallation options.
Steam: How to delete a Game on PC
Steam is a digital distribution platform for video games and software that operates through accounts and a client. Steam provides a social networking platform, where users can interact and share content with each other.
It also allows users to purchase and download games, as well as access curated collections of software’s. Users can also manage their purchases and add them to Wishlist. Deleting a from Steam is one of the most common and popular methods for players to uninstall unwanted games from their library on the platform.
How to uninstall from your Steam account:
1. First access the library tab on Steam and select the game you want to uninstall (it may be hidden under other tabs, depending on your view).
2. Then, click on ‘Delete. ‘ Steam will then prompt you to confirm the deletion process. You can also remove them from your library by going to your Steam settings page and clicking on ‘Games’ in the left-hand menu. Here, you can select a game and click the ‘Delete‘ button.
3. Finally, if you want to remove games from your wishlist, you can do so by clicking on ‘My Library’ in the left-hand menu and going to ‘Add A Game > Add Games You Own‘. From here, you can select a game and click the ‘Remove‘ button. Steam will then remove it from your library.
Note: If you want to keep any of your games in Steam, there are a few things you can do. First, you’ll need to make sure that you have them installed on your computer. You can get Steam to install them for you. You can also download the game’s files and put them in a folder on your computer. If you have an Xbox 360, an Xbox One or a PlayStation 3, you can download it from the console.
Origin is a popular gaming platform that allows users to purchase and download games. If a user no longer wants to be playing, they can delete it from Origin. This will be removed from a user’s account and remove it from their library.
Deleting it from Origin can be a quick and easy way to get rid of it. Here’s how:
1. Open Origin and sign in.
2. Click Games on the top left of the screen.
3. Find the game you want to delete and click on it.
4. Click Delete this game from My Library.
5. Click Yes to confirm that you want to delete the game. Deleted Games in Origin If a user deletes a game from Origin, they will not be able to play it again unless they reinstall it.
GOG.com is a digital distribution platform for retro and new video games. It offers a selection of classic, current, and upcoming games to its users for purchase or rental.
If you no longer want or need what you’ve purchased or rented through GOG, there are a couple of ways to get off it from your account. Check their official website for more details.
Epic Games Store
If you no longer want to play a game that you downloaded to your pc from the Epic Games Store, there are a few different ways to uninstall it.
1. If you downloaded the game as part of bundle, you can uninstall it by following the instructions provided with the bundle.
2. If you downloaded the game directly from the Epic Games Store, you can uninstall it by navigating to your downloads folder and deleting the file.
After deletion, you need to clear your cache and cookies, This will ensure that any data that was saved on your device is deleted as well.
Conclusion: This concludes how to delete a game on pc and it can save up a lot of space and solve problems with your computer. It is a good way to free up space on your hard drive. If you have a lot of files in general that you do not play, you can get rid off them to free up more space.
There are other ways to free up hard drive space or get an external hard drive and copy unnecessary files onto it. I hope this article has been helpful and if you can’t get away around it, then i recommend you let a professional do it for you. Share this: Facebook, Twitter, Google. Thanks.